Saturday, August 30, 2014

App, WBI and Phone Interview... Oh My!

So I know its been a while since I've posted. Crazy busy with work and school but I've decided to go ahead and now talk about DCP.

I went ahead and applied on Aug 20th the day the apps came out.
Once your look in website (http://cp.disneycareers.com/en/default/), in the upper right corner of the webpage is the Apply Now button(green one), Click on it and fill it out like you would a regular job app. Maybe about half way through it does ask you where do you want to work during your program (WDW or Disneyland), and then it ask you about the roles. For theses you rate from High Interest to No interest based on what you want to do. On mine and made almost everything and every role and number one choice mostly because I've had so much experience in like everything that I figured I might as well choose everything and apply.
High: for the job you really want and are very interested in
Moderate: for the job you would want to do if all you other top choices got picked
Low: for the jobs that dont sound cool but you'd pick them anyways (pretty much what this one is)
and No Interest: for the "if you put me here I will cry and scream because I didn't ask for this" roles. You WANT to make sure you get the roles that are right for you and something you will be enjoying. Yes it is Disney and Yes it is magical but you want want to be somewhere you never wanted in the first place. Take that from me: do some homework (UGH homework, I know right), watch some videos, and just find you sweet spot. Chances of getting something you want are very high if you do some homework. Once I done, I reviewed it and made sure everything was right. As soon as I sent it in I got a "Thank You..." Email.Crazy part was, 20 mins later, I got the WBI or Web Based Interview email. Awesome right?!

Now I'm going to give you some tips on the web-based interview: Always Answer Honestly! Some times if you think "I'm going to just say this and that" 9/10 you will probably not receive the phone interview email. Now the WBI should take 40 mins, but if you read and answer truthfully, it should probably take no longer than 25 mins. The first half (section I) is mostly about them getting to knw you and see who you are, seeing if you bit the "Disney Profile" and the second half is ALL about seeing if you are a modeled person, with questions like "If you saw someone you worked with stealing, what would you do?" or "Would you take the time to help someone even though you are busy as well?". Always just be honest, they can always tell!

After that, maybe an 15 second later, I got to schedule my phone interview which I had the first week of school. Crazy! Now I'm going to be honest, I forgot all about it until the first day of school! (which was 8/25 and interview was 8/26) I was freaking out the whole night before but my best friend calmed me down with bringing over Muppets Most Wanted and I was happy! Honestly they can tell when you are nervous so relax! The next day, I was freaking out because it was 2:27pm and the interview was at 2:30pm but then I was alright because I just remembered some tips I 've always had while interviewing.
1. ALWAYS SMILE. I don't how they know but they always do.
2. Remember their name. I had Sandy, she was fun and easy to talk to!
3. Always get them to laugh.  I honestly don't know why or how this happens, but anytime I've been to  job interview, I've always gotten the job
4.  Never say umm, and if you need to think, just take ONE LONG DEEP BREATH! This a time saver and a great relaxtion trick, helps clear your mind and takes the time to listen
and Last: 5. ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS, even if its something you know the answer to or as personal as "What's your favorite interview question?"
Always have a pin and paper handy because you will never know when they could say something that would be of useful information.
The way the interview started was she called and told me her name. We then talked about what the program is and she asked me "Why did you want to come back to the College Program?" (my first one was in 2012). After that, we talked about my appalication, she verified some of my information and asked about school and work, wanting to make sure everything was up to date, along with touching up on the Disney Look and if I still remembered it. After that, her next question to me was "Tell me about a time where you made a guest happy" and following was "Do you have body modifications and or tattoos". After all the appalication questions where answered we then talk about Saftey D and the hours of the park, she asked if I was ok with standing for long periods of time and the weather. She then talked about the roles and ask "Which are you top three choices?", Mine were Merch, Custodial and Main Entrance. She asked a few role question (which I will post in the new blog) and then eneded with asking me if I had any questions. I asked her about some one the questions and did she do the program? She did, worked in Main Entrance. At the end of mine, I thanks Sandy for taking the time to talk to me and getting to know who I was and for answering my questions. She then told me that I should check my dashboard once a week and then closer to the the end of October is when they shall let everyone know.

The waiting is the hard part but at least I can take my mine off it while waiting for OUAT to come back Sept 28th!

Hope this helped! Have a Magical Day and See Ya Real Soon!

TO APPLY: Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment